Peter Katevatis - Jul 11, 2017
In financial services (or any service for that matter) we partner up with our clients with the goal of a long prosperous relationship. However, we rarely concern ourselves with style or personality and tend to focus on specifics such as price. Ev
In financial services (or any service for that matter) we partner up with our clients with the goal of a long prosperous relationship. However, we rarely concern ourselves with style or personality and tend to focus on specifics such as price.
Everybody has character, but very few of us define it. It is really easy to highlight OTHER PEOPLE’S style but often impossible to define our own.
I can very clearly define my style: Calm, cheerful, sporty and functional. I have a penchant for value and a desire to make people happy. As a social experiment I decided to ask others who know me (some better than others) to see how they define the style of Peter Katevatis. Here are some responses:
- “Patient & calm, under promises, over delivers”
- “Honest & straightforward”
- “Dynamic, organized, positive and caring style that embraces people towards you”
- “Friendly, disarming, motivated”
- “Very casual, definitely not pushy or aggressive. Always seem to be knowledgeable about what’s going on and you can dumb it down, which… I tend to appreciate”
- “Great guy, solid teammate, great Movember moustache”
- “I’d make fun of his sense of humour but Dad jokes are in these days”
This highlights how we can be framed in many different ways but often the truth tends to bubble up to the top of the list. Some of the answers are funny/silly but that’s what good friends do. My personal definition of calm, cheerful & helpful seemed to ring true but no one defined me as sporty. I guess sporty is in my own head, put me in coach!
If you spend the time to interview and meet the professional you are going to work with, you can feel much more comfortable about the fit of your partnership. Ensure that your style complements the people you work closely with and you can rest assured that the right people are looking out for you.